When I have free time, I watch a movie at the cinema.
I check what’s showing and I arrive early.
I stand in line to choose the seats and buy the tickets.
I buy popcorn and a soft drink to take into the cinema
One of the best movies I ever saw was called ‘Frozen’
It’s about two sisters and one of them has magical powers.
‘Let it Go’ is a popular song from the movie.
This is the correct version of ‘A Trick to the Cinema’ with no mistakes.
The student should use this text in a variety of ways for learning.
- Copy write the text several times until familiar with the terms and word structure
- Read the text aloud several times
- Record your reading of the text and listen for your obvious mistakes
- Speak the text aloud without reading
- Again record your speaking of the text
- Compare your speaking of the text when you read it and when you spoke it without reading
- Practice writing the text from memory several times in a 5 minute time period
- Expand the text with your own ideas and text
- Show your ability to turn the text into a mini-powerpoint presentation of six pages.
- Practice speaking the text often to improve your diction and self-confidence for speaking
Good luck everyone and don’t be afraid to speak up!
The best way to learn is from our mistakes.